Architecture profession deals with multiple faculties within building industry. Although the profession focuses on design primarily,
architects must factor in multiple parameters to get their vision realized. Architecture deals with 8 broad areas of practice; Design,
Planning, Technology, Management, Finance, Legal, Coordination & Ideologies. No career profile deals with any one of these areas independently.
A combination of knowledge is needed to excel in all listed career profiles.
- Design deals with the 3-dimensional visualization of built form of habitable spaces
- Planning deals with macro-level vision and related policies that includes public and private domains
- Technology deals with constructability & serviceability of built forms
- Management deals with handling of resources – human as well as material – and time in efficient manner
- Finance deals with affordability and viability of projects
- Legal deals with regulatory framework of projects
- Coordination deals with communication between various stakeholders in projects
- Ideologies introduce new school of thoughts in the profession